Monday, December 1, 2008

I can Teach!!!

Such a small learning experience, but such a great impact. It's always hard to know if what you teach your children is understood or if it's even a topic to teach...but I think that something clicked today :)

A little while ago, Kayelynn had zoo day at preschool and the zoo person (I don't know waht they are called) stated that they should tell their parents if they see a snake in their garden. I was overhearing this conversation as she and Bryant started to get carried away with the types of snakes they would see. When Bryant mentioned a rattle snake she said that she would die if one bit her and she would never see us again and that Heavenly Father and Jesus would be mad at the snake...Bryant then informed her that when we die our Spirits get to be with Them and that we would be okay because then They take care of us until our parents come. It made me smile to know that they understand a little of their "test" here and that they would be okay in any situation, even if a snake bit her :)

4 comments:

mimi said...

That is so neat !

Kimber said...

What a little smartie pants!

It is so rewarding to hear them teach someone else something that you have taught them! Somehow it makes it worth it to struggle through FHE week after week when it seems they aren't even paying attention.

Kristi M. said...

I love it when this happens.

Silvia said...

Terressa, is a great spiritual experience!
Is pretty nice when you see how the little ones learn, That's something that brings joy to ours hearts.