Thursday, September 8, 2011

from bump, to...

Took a visit to the doctor yesterday and since the midwife was leaving town (and I don't dare let anyone else deliver) I asked if there was a chance to be induced before she left if I didn't go on my own...
She called the hospital and they were full Friday and Saturday with inductions, but they were open for Thursday...yikes! such short notice.  We were scheduled to be at the hospital at 7am, but at 6:30a we got a phone call saying we needed to wait and call back in two hours.  I did, and we still needed to wait...my midwife called and asked if I would just come to the office to visit...we took a quick fast paced walk around the neighborhood and then headed to the midwifes office.  My water broke at the office-and we were on our way to the hospital.  I got a short nap in and then took a walk around the hospital for about 40min and contractions hit in hard!  (that was 1pm) Two hours later and...

He's here!
born at 3:05pm
9lbs. 7oz.
21in.
He's blonde/red headed, looks like Emily but with fatter lips...
He's a fabulous eater
Instantly in love! 

No name yet...still figuring that one out...

Here's a few pictures to satisfy the curiosity ;)





and we are happy...

more to come later.  enjoy!

13 comments:

Kimberly said...

Congrats! You are amazing! I love brand new babies!

Julia said...

he's beautiful. good job momma!

Kristi M. said...

Congrats! Next to your husband he looks so tiny but then again he is a good sized baby. I bet you are ready to have pregnancy behind you now. I love the Spirit brand new babies bring to a home.

Sarah d' said...

HOORAY! You did it! All the anxiety is behind you and you just have your beautiful boy! He's EXACTLY Caleb's size when he was born! That was such a fun delivery (although it took me more like 30 hours of labor to get him here--you are SO lucky!), especially at the end when I saw how big he was, knowing I had done it all on my own with no help. Natural labor is AWESOME! Way to go!!!! I can't wait to meet him!

Dacia said...

Congrats on another precious baby! I'm so happy for you!!

Heather said...

He's so cute!!! Congratulations! I can't wait to meet him!

Hilda's Kids said...

Wow! Congratulations! I thought you were having another girl- so glad Bri isn't all alone anymore!

Joseph and Mary + Seven said...

Congratulations! He is a beautiful boy! I'm so glad it was so quick for you! Can't wait to meet him!

Chris and Brit said...

Congrats! It is funny how little the baby looks next to Jake's hand. Let me know if you need anything.

Anonymous said...

I too, am excited for the baby, but holy cow - you look HOT. how do you look that good after having a baby??? you are one sexy mama. hope you feel up to coming to bunco in a week and a halfish. love ya!

The JL McGregor Family said...

Looking at baby pictures makes me miss being pregnant and having a new baby in the house. . . and mine is only 5 months old! Congrats to you and your cute family!

haha. . .and the word verification is "breastal." lol

The Raguskus Family said...

Congrats...so fun! You look gorgeous!

em&m said...

oh, yay! Congratulations! You have a beautiful family and you are an inspiring and beautiful mama!