Wednesday, July 13, 2011

boring

summer is here.
no agenda, no major worries, just time together.

does that mean we're boring?
depending on the day, you might get a yes from the kids.
but thusfar, I think we have done alright in keeping the boring out of summer.

as cold as June was, it wasn't as bad as last summer and Bryant and Sarah were able to enjoy a month of tball/baseball. Every Tuesday and Wednesday morning we attended two games and had fun with that schedule.

Now that July is here, there isn't a schedule and I'm okay with it.
The kids and I enjoyed attending the 4th of July parade in Rexburg-Jake was working, but my sister was able to join us for that. The kids absolutely loved it! I enjoyed it because my sister was able to be more active with them than I would have...I think they got more candy from this parade than they did from Halloween (although this candy was much cheaper).
As soon as Jake got home, we drove a few miles down the road and watched the Melaleuca fireworks. Which, I must say, were pretty darn amazing! (it's the first time in the 12 years I've lived here that I've ever seen them...)

Jake has been tuning up a go-cart for a friend and so we've been having fun driving it around the neighborhood and making sure it's up to par to return {wink, wink} Bryant and Kayelynn were able to learn how to drive it and thought they were just awesome-possum! Emily could have ridden in it all day long, she would squeal anytime Jake would rev the engine and just go! Lydia and Sarah were always content with the rides they got-my kids love to go fast. We all said goodbye to that fun tonight...I think Emily will be the only one to wonder where in the world she went.

We have been able to spend quite a bit of family time this month, thusfar and bedtime has even gotten pushed back quite a bit, but it's been great to be able to spend all this time being together and carefree in our own space and making it just that, ours. We planted a garden and it's been fun to see the kids calculate all the new growth and expectant times when things should be ready to harvest-they can't wait! (I just hope we can actually harvest and preserve it all before the baby, otherwise, we may have some new teaching in the kitchen...)

Now that it's the middle of the month we get to celebrate Lydia's THIRD birthday on Saturday. And boy is this a big number...she has been counting down since the day she turned TWO. It's hilarious. This girl is certainly two going on five or maybe it's twelve...wow! She is a precious little girl!

After that we've got a family reunion and then I get to celebrate the big 3-0 (not so sure how I feel about that, especially being seven and a half months pregnant...) And then it will be August and the schedules will return. We are already getting ourselves prepared for going back to school. The sales have hit on supplies and we've been stocking up and having fun putting everything in backpacks and making lists of what we need for clothing. For some reason, I just love the back to school season. I think it's cause of the newness and wonder that is generated...it makes me giddy.

In the meantime, I've got to make sure we keep things from getting boring, I think we might actually succeed in a fabulously un-boring summer...it's amazing what a little bit of grass and sprinklers can do to make a day that much better!

Update on the pregnancy.
I am measuring 6 weeks ahead of schedule (and feeling every bit of it). I was tested for gestational diabetes-failed the first test, passed the 3-hour fast, so the doctor informed me to keep the carbs to a minimum anyway and we will "shoot for a 10 pounder instead of an 11 pounder". Believe me, I felt so much better after she said those words {insert sarcasm here}.
However, I am glad that the pain has diminished to practically nothing compared to the first half of the pregnancy. Now I just deal with a very round and heavy belly and contractions that make me stop in my tracks. I fear now that this baby might have it's own agenda and make his arrival sooner than expected...I've got some clothes washed...the rest is a list sitting on my nightstand...I'm grateful for the friends and family that have prayed for us throughout this pregnancy and for those that have stepped in to help, offer kinds words of concern and overall just the love we have felt through this. I pray that we will be able to give back all that we've been given when the time is right.

1 comments:

The Raguskus Family said...

Sounds like you have been enjoying your summer! Hope the rest of your pregnancy continues to improve!