Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Now I can laugh...

If you want to be remembered in church, I have the solution.
1-Sit in the front of the chapel, behind the bishops family-it makes it that much better.
2-Have a whiney child throw up all over you, the bench, the floor AND the bishops sons head/neck after the musical number.
3-Have that same child be the one that introduced your family when you first moved into the ward by starting her testimony "ladies and gentlemen..."

Oh boy.

I had no idea she threw up on me until my sister told me to look-yeah, I was a little out of it apparantly. I passed off Emily (Jake was working) grabbed the blanket that was already half covered and set it against her mouth as we practically ran out the front of the chapel. We made it to the nearest garbage can and then finally onto the bathroom. All the while I was worried sick as to how I could go back in and clean up the incredible mess that was left in the hot, muggy chapel-I could only envision many, many people racing to the parking lot to do their own version of throwing up just from the smell...
I took her outside and had her stand there while I went in to get my bag (luckily sacrament meeting had just let out). Surprisingly it was all cleaned up and the smell wasn't too horrible. Come to find out we were sitting by quite a few nurses who could keep calm, cool and collected enough to think. The bishop's wife offered to get her steam cleaner and get it all cleaned during Sunday School, so I brought Emily and Sarah home. Put Emily to bed. Bathed Sarah, put her to bed with a bowl next to her and hoped it was just lunch that bothered her...I laughed, I cried, I have felt humiliated, and incredibly sorry for Sarah-she is absolutely devastated that this happened-she does NOT like getting/being sick, but she handles it well and I'm proud of her.

Looooong day...she ended up being so sick she was throwing up every 30-45 min the rest of the day/night. Finally today she is acting normal. She still won't eat, but is drinking lots and looking and acting more like herself. She has her last day of preschool tomorrow and I hope she is able to make it...

Looking back, it's all pretty funny, cause it can be. But I still have a somewhat humiliated feeling, not sure how I'm going to show up next week and be okay...but it is okay and I just have to remember that.

2 comments:

Kristi M. said...

Oh man...a couple of years ago a twenty something year old still living at home threw up in the middle of sacrament meeting. His parents (they are all a little off) pretty much did nothing about it until my husband pulled someone out to help him locate stuff so the family could clean it up. I would figure at that age you could leave in time. Years ago we also had a little primary girl throw up in the hallway waiting for sharing time. It happens but I am sure you weren't laughing then.

The JL McGregor Family said...

I'm so happy that you had people there to help you out! Hopefully the rest of your family didn't catch the bug... throwing up is the worst. It really is ok... you are sure to remember it much longer than everyone else. :)