Since the first of the year Kayelynn has had a loose tooth. The darn thing would wiggle and wiggle and then a few hours it would just be stiff. I just figured it was the way her teeth would fall out...with a mind of their own.
Saturday between Conference sessions. Wasn't this last weekend just amazing? It always is, but I am always in awe afterward. I LOVE to hear the music, the speakers, feel the Spirit and watch the kids as they listen to the stories and understand more and more each time what is being taught. LOVE IT!
I digressed. I apologize.
Saturday afternoon Kayelynn came to me with trepidation. I had to prod out of her what could be wrong. She opened her mouth and showed me that her new tooth was already in. Behind her baby tooth. She was distraught. The tooth was supposed to be loose. It wasn't. The tooth was supposed to come out on it's own BEFORE the new tooth. It didn't.
I called the dentist first thing Monday and set an appointment for first thing Tuesday to get it checked out. We discussed the very likely possibility that the dentist would take out the tooth and how it would happen. She's had enough cavities :( to know that she doesn't like the feeling of her mouth when the numbing medicine begins to wear off-for her it takes twice the time to get feeling back in her mouth. I digress again.
The dentist did in deed decide to take it out. And predicts that we will be back for the next tooth in about three weeks...it's already trying to make it's appearance.
That reminds me...I better go unlock the window for the tooth fairy!
5 years ago













1 comments:
Poor girl! That's scary for a young person. All of my teeth did that, came in behind the baby teeth - in fact I had some come in a little to the side of where they were supposed to and for a little while looked like a shark with three rows of teeth in the front - So I can empathize!
And I LOVED conference too. :)
Post a Comment