So much has been going on lately that I feel like I'm losing and sometimes even, that I've lost control of anything that I could control. Where does time go? Why does it seem that the older I get (which I'm starting to realize isn't really that old). It seems that the house is never clean, the kids have been constantly sick, the kids constantly need to be somewhere, the laundry is piled high-but it seems I just folded that mountain yesterday, nothing ever gets done. But somehow it does and somehow we survive. I've been realizing this past week that I have been giving myself a pity party...for what? I do not know, but it's there. I need to get out of this funk!
After our lesson on service today in Relief Society, I realized that my life really isn't as bad as I think it is. There are others that have it worse and I need to stop wallowing in my own bad days and just do something about it!
My children are growing up right before my eyes and there are some days that I totally miss those little opportunities to cuddle, kiss, and hug their cute little faces more than I do. Many days I wish I could freeze time and get all those mommy chores out of the way and take a few hours and just play and enjoy the simple excitement of my kiddos. I just can't get over how fast time flies.
Tonight I was able to visit with some friends and celebrate the 30th birthday of one of them. We had a fabulous time sitting around talking and increasing our friendship. There are many things I learned tonight that I just never knew. It's great to take a few minutes out my busy days and weeks and catch up with friends.
So, as lost as I may be and seem. Things are actually going quite well. We are in the last 2 months of school and events will be coming out of ears as it all starts to wind down, but the time we will have to spend with each other will be priceless. I want to savor those little moments of excitement, love, and awe that keep the children happy and learning. With the sun shining more each day, it will be easier to get out of this funk and just enjoy.
5 years ago













6 comments:
I hear ya' girl! I'm constantly asking myself, "Is this really important?" And I'm always trying to chill myself out. It is a battle for sure.
Here's to hoping for more sun! I hope your funk doesn't last long.
It's good to hear that we all have those days! Time does seem to fly and there aren't enought minutes in the day to love and cuddle kiddos! Hope things continue to brighten up!
Jared & I were just sayin the other day how we miss you guys!
Listen to Michael Buble's song, Lost-it makes me cry....in a good way, :-)
Better yet, watch the music video :-)
i am so feeling the 'funk' today. i hate grey days. they seem to make it worse. i totally feel the same tho, like there are not enough hours in the day. i try to pick one thing that i must get done and try to focus on that. otherwise it is too overwhelming and i sit mindlessly in front of the tv and nothing gets done.
thanks for coming over the other day. definitely the icing on the cake! you are an amazing friend and i am so happy to know you! thanks again!
Post a Comment