sheesh it's been a while. sorry.
quick recap...
Thanksgiving was fantastic. Jake and I hosted it for my side of the family. We discovered that our oven doesn't quite heat to the temperature it indicates, but we've figured out how to accomodate since. we had a blast sledding that weekend, since it had been such a fun big storm.
Bryant turned 8 the first part of December-I can't believe that I have one that old! He was baptized on New Year's Day! It was so fun to have family here to feel the spirit that was radiating from our home! I now need to be an even better example-it's proving to be a challenge, but we help each other remember.
Christmas was a blur. I came down with the stomach flu just after dinner and it. was. bad. I barely got the gifts wrapped before I had to lie down. I got up just as the kids were ready. totally forgot the camera! (I'm still beating myself up about that one-it's the least I could have done...) The kids were so thrilled with the simple Christmas gifts and love. They enjoyed picking out something for their sibling (we rotate names). Then Jake and the kids headed to Rexburg for a few hours to enjoy family and dinner while I stayed home and slept. Jake had to work the late shift that day, so it was a bit of a challenge, but we managed to get the wrapping paper picked up and gifts to their rooms. I think they had dinner. And then we all went to bed early. I sure hope to make it up the them next year. It's so not fun to have a sick mommy for the holidays.
Once January hit, Jake learned that work was closing one of the clinics and so he would be working odd hours at the only clinic open. They started having double coverage for doctors and nurses, but it just meant there would be no more days off. He literally had one complete day off in the month of January. It was starting to take a toll. He has school Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3p-10p and then he was working 3p-11pm on all the other days. Bryant didn't see him some days. But as the month drew to a close they realized it would be easier for the nurses to work 3-12hr. shifts a week as usual. So now he either works 8am-8p or 10a-10p and only 3 days a week and is able to go to school still and have a couple days home to do what needs to be done around the house. I'm already liking this schedule and it's only the 2nd day into the month!
Yesterday started the cold, COLD of the season. It was -15 without windchill and then -23 (at least) with it. There was still school. We drove the kids to the bus stop, but my sisters car wouldn't start so we had to take her to work. They predicted we would have even colder temperatures today without wind chill. Sure enough, it was -22 this morning. Still school. It. is. cold. I'm sure the teachers are going crazy not having a small break to collect themselves as the kids have recess inside. I hear tomorrow will also be cold. I will laugh if they decide to cancel school.
February promises to be busy and FUN! Emily turns one next week. The kids have their 100 days of school parties. Valentine's day. Kayelynn turns six. and a whole slew of nights filled with fun. and the month is over. wow! let the fun begin!
5 years ago













1 comments:
That cold sounds awful! You should move to Boise :)
Sorry I missed you when you were here, as you know it was a crazy time. Next time, let's plan to do lunch just the moms.
Post a Comment