...sorry this is long, but there are some fun pictures to see, if nothing else.
We have had a lot of fun as a family this month and I've just realized that I've only admired the pictures on the camera and haven't downloaded them!! Well, now I can share :)
The kids and I took a week long vacation to Boise to visit my family and had a great time in a few days of rain and lots of sunshine (all the while it was cold and rainy at home).
learning to jump rope, or at least get his feet over the rope
playing crazy snake
just enjoying the fun of others while savoring the only sucker at grandma's...spoiled rotten!
Grandma and Tinkerbell
the air they got was fabulous...if only I could've gotten the laughter recorded, it was great!
Tinkerbell and Grandpa became best buds over the week, she was proud to be one of the kids instead of a baby while on the swings!
Mermaid was having some serious chocolate withdrawls, so when the brownies were done being mixed she just HAD to lick some chocolate!! She was in heaven!
Enjoying a cold hot dog...the next picture tells the story
see the hole?? well, while at the store I discovered that I had a coupon for free hotdogs and since we were doing a bonfire soon we needed to get some...we popped this package in the cart and Tinkerbell would NOT let it go, to any expense. The next thing I know she has popped a hole in it from trying to eat it through the package. At the register she screamed as if she were giving a two-year tantrum! My mom and I couldn't stop laughing. We got her calmed enough to drive home and once there she noticed the package on the counter and proceeded to throw another two-year tantrum until we just opened the package and gave her a stinkin' dog...she ate the ENTIRE thing! too funny!
We came home incredibly late on a Friday night. Luckily my parents needed to be in Pocatello for the weekend, so we caravaned most of the way home. Tinkerbell was not at all interested in being good during the drive, so while the other three slept, she screamed and laughed at grandma who was dancing and making silly faces to try and get her to sleep...it didn't work. We made it, but if my mom hadn't been with us we would've taken 3-4 extra hours to get home just because of Tinkerbell's attitude!!
The next morning we were to be in Pocatello with my parents, helping my brother put his sprinkler system in, it POURED the entire time we were there; we were not smart and left all jackets, sweatshirts, and anything warm at home. We left early so we could get some things done at home before Father's Day. This is the only picture I got of that day...the kids saying goodbye.

sportin' their dude rags because of wet hair
sportin' their dude rags because of wet hair
We had a great Father's Day and no pictures...I'll have to get those from my sister-in-law and mother-in-law...they took lots! We had a fabulous BBQ, until we ran out of propane...that's what we get for not preparing very well. Had an enormous rain storm and just chatted and laughed for a few hours enjoying the family that could come! Tinkerbell was smitten over her new baby cousin, she couldn't give enough kisses and hugs to him, it was adorable!
I took one off of their blog, hope you don't mind Danielle...she is so full of baby love!!
Now that we've been home a few weeks, we've just been enjoying ourselves and becoming more and more amazed at the abilities of our children!
she wanted an apple and NOW! no cutting it, she ate over half of it, seeds and all ;)
We recently went to visit Grandmother and found she was off playing cards already, so we took some time to have "target" practice in the back stable area. Mermaid is quite impressive with her aim and understanding of the machine!
Shrek giving a "demonstration"
Prince Charming actually hit the target after taking advice from Shrek
Cinderella wanted to be a part of the action, but really was quite nervous with the contraption and noise...not really her thing.
And then there's Mermaid (sorry about the bare belly, the shirt really does cover it)...she is a natural...she almost got on the target and was very interested in continuing the activity. When Shrek declared there were no more bullets to use, she instantly declared, "oh man, darn it"!
Tinkerbell in the dirt just content to see what the others were up to.
Finding all the shells after target practice
This was Tinkerbell's new friend for about 15 minutes, until she discovered the dirt really could go in her mouth and mom wasn't watching!!
While I was in Boise I couldn't help but go yard sale-ing...I just can't miss a weekend! I know lame, but I really enjoy it and I was SUPER proud of myself this day. My sister and I went to the Shade clothing sidewalk sale where everything was $5 and snagged a few good deals (there's another one in August, I can't wait!!) and then headed to the nearest neighborhood and found a few treasures!!
a brand new tent for....$10!! We had been looking at tents like this-we want so badly to go camping, but it's so expensive-this tent at the store cost over $200. It's an 8-man, two room tent and stands about 7 ft. in the middle, so Shrek actually fits!! He was very impressed. There are a few loops missing along the edges, but we will be just fine! I also got a canopy tarp for $5, we used in on Father's Day, but again, no pictures. Now all we need are some sleeping bags and some cooking utensils and we're set for our big family reunion, camp-style in August!
I think they like it! Prince Charming and Cinderella were playing some kind of I've-got-you-now game, ignore the leg tied up and the hold he has on her
The other day we ran to the grocery store and on the way home we saw this rolling in...the sunset colors were amazing with the storm clouds...I didn't catch it near as well as the naked eye, but it was breathtakingly beautiful!!!













3 comments:
Hey! I love the story of the hot dog! It's great! By the way, how did you give your hubby the nickname of Shrek? Just curious:)
A $10 tent? That is awesome!! I love great deals.
Great tent and a great price to go with it!
That hotdog story had me laughing out loud (though I don't think I would have been laughing if it was happening with Hyrum in the store). She is so adorable and determined!
That gun looks so small when Jake is using it but so big for the kids. I'm sure your cowboy loved doing that!
Post a Comment