While sitting here in the hospital I am finally past the sleepiness and yes, still on drugs, but I am aware enough to let you all know how things have worked out the last week.
As you know from our previous post we moved on the 1st of the month, what a long day that was! With A LOT of help from family and friends we were able to get everything packed and out that day before Jake had to get to work at 6pm. I finished cleaning the other house Saturday and we made it to our new ward on Sunday. We felt so at home in that ward, it was neat.
Monday and Tuesday were crazy, I literally had two days to get everything unpacked and put in it's place and without the help of Melissa and Danielle (my sisters-in-law) and Jodi (my mother-in-law) I would have never gotten as far as I did. I wouldn't say that I am all the way unpacked, but I would say that I have a functional house. I exerted too much energy over the weekend moving and cleaning that I was really not able to do a whole lot Monday and Tuesday without Melissa doing a lot of lifting and with her bad back I know it was a sacrifice for her to help me or without Danielle helping me get things organized.
Late Tuesday night we got a phone call from the hospital letting us know that the surgery had been moved up 3 hours and I needed to be at the hospital at 6am! Whoa, freak out time! I was not prepared for that, but again Melissa and Jodi came to the rescue where Melissa came over at 5:30 that morning and took the kids for the day and Jodi had them last night and all day today. I have never had an epidural during the delivery of my children so to have a spinal block (a 1/2 epidural) was very frightening, I did survive, but I will not have an epidural during delivery, I did not like the side affects or the feeling (or rather lack of).
The surgery lasted about an hour and the large 9cm. mass growing inside my ovary was a bone...with a full grown molar attached to the bottom of it and two other teeth floating around inside. Yes, that's gross and no, I do not know how that was possible (I'm not really sure I want to know either). I slept almost all of yesterday and today have really felt the pain of the incision, which will be painful throughout the rest of the pregnancy simply because I get so extremely large in my pregnancies. I have also felt the first real noticeable movements of the baby today...quite the active mover! I guess it's just as excited for space as I am :) Throughout this whole thing Jake has been extremely supportive and helpful. I am so glad that he was able to miss a day of school to be with me.
So, in a nutshell everything has turned out just fine although I will be on the recovery side for quite a while. I hope to post again before March, but without internet I do not know how quickly that will be. Thank you all for your support and prayers and faith on my behalf. I have truly felt your love and concern. Thank you for everything!
5 years ago













11 comments:
I am sooo glad everything went so well!! Good luck with the recovery!
holy cow girl! what a wirlwind...so happy to hear that everything went well though and that you are on your way to recovering. that must be some kind of medical phenomenon (sp)- i wished i could have been a fly on the wall to see the doctor's reaction to finding teeth! :) well hopefully you are still able to get good rest and enjoy the rest of your baby growing time. take care.
I'm glad everything went well for you! I can't believe that was growing in you!! What in the world?! Take care and get better quick!
Wow! I can't believe that was in you! I'm so glad to hear that everything went well. Thanks for keeping us updated. I've been thinking about you.
Oh my goodness, you have had quite the new year. I am so glad you are okay! I didn't even realize you were pregnant again..when are you due? Congrats! Enjoy your new house :)
Alright, I guess i should have read your previous post :) Hopefully this summer wont be too hot..I was pregnant in the summer with my 2nd baby, too hot!
I am so glad to hear that you have had so much help and that you are doing well. What I find even more amazing than finding a bone and teeth is the fact that you have given birth 3 times without an epidural!!! YOU ARE AMAZING!
I talked to your mom today at church and was glad to hear you are doing great. You are quite the trooper, but I'm not surprised. Good luck with your recovery and I hope all goes well with everything else!
Wow! Glad everything went okay and you got all that junk out of you! Wish I could've been there to help. Hope you have a good recovery. Might as well enjoy the down-time.
I am SO glad everything went good. I wanted to post after your previous comment but didn't have the chance. I'm seriously so happy it's out of there-as I'm sure you are.! Okay...so you've never had an epidural? HOLY COW! you really are amazing!
Glad to hear that all went well for y'all... -JR
Post a Comment