So, it's been a few weeks since I posted, but it seriously feels like a year. So much has happened in our life the last few weeks, I'm not really sure I know where to begin, so you are getting the highlights and lowlights of the few weeks and if you want more information you may just have to contact us via email or phone.
Good:
Jake is doing AWESOME in school. He has had a few people ask if he is already taken when he graduates in May...prospects are there, we will have to see where it takes us!
Better:
Terressa has quit her job managing apartments to be a mom! After 4 years of managing, it's time to call it quits. It's interesting to think that the life I currently know and live will not be the one I will be "managing" in 4 days. We will be moving on the 1st of February across town to a small little duplex that just fell into our lap! After 18 months of looking for a way to move on and survive - this opportunity was almost literally thrown at us. Good thing one of us has some athletic skills and can catch (wink, wink).
Best:
With the job of mom comes an extra responsbility of FOUR!!! Yep, you read that right we are expecting #4! The "official" due date is July 26th (the day after my birthday), so if things go as they usually do I hope to have the baby up to 10-days early, however things haven't been going as usual, so this just might be my 10-day late baby :)
and Worst:
I don't really want to focus on this, so I probably should have written this first to get it out and over with, but that's not how the title reads so here it is, the worst...as I mentioned earlier this pregnancy has not really gone as the other three have. When I first went to the doctor they immediately noticed a 7 cm. cyst on my right ovary. Sounds scary, I know, but I had this same thing happen when I was expecting Bryant, so it hasn't been a big deal. However, in the last few weeks things have really changed. I visited the doctor last week for my normal "check-up" and mentioned that I was having more pain than normal. I was scheduled for an ultrasound first thing the next morning (unfortunately Jake couldn't miss school for this). The doctor was kind and did a complimentary 3-D ultrasound where I saw the hands waving and the baby with the hiccups, which I thought I could feel, but wasn't sure...anyway, after that the doctor went straight to the point and looked at the cyst to see what might be the matter, well it had grown 2 cm. Now it's a BIG deal. He requested that I have surgery immediately to get it removed. Which means, take out the right ovary and fallopian tube - I feel like I am going to loose some of the womanhood I feel I should have at 26 years! Then he goes on to explain that I need to seriously consider how many more children I want and weigh the risk. Well, isn't that peachy! For a couple that wants a LARGE family, four just isn't really the number we were looking for...after complete shock and then 2 days of complete meltdown I finally think I can get through this, but only because I have to get through moving first and then it might hit me like a ton of bricks again just before I have to go into to surgery next week (Feb. 6th). Unfortunately this is not the same operational procedure as they did when I was expecting Bryant, that was a quick day surgery, go home and rest for a day and go back to life. This is a required night stay in the hospital having to rely on family and friends while Jake is in school and I am down for at least 5 days just to "recover". Not really what a woman wants, especially when she just claimed her freedom as a mom and quit her job.
Well, sorry for the earful, I guess you really didn't get the minor details...so there you have it; Good, Better, Best...and Worst for January and February, hopefully March rolls in like a lamb and ends like a lamb...we'll keep you posted the best we can once we move...we don't have internet as of yet, so we'll see.
5 years ago













9 comments:
Wow Terressa - you are quite the woman! For one, congrats on #4 coming along...that alone scares me to death! I can hardly handle 3! :) I am sorry to hear about the problems you are having. You are so right about how hard it is to be "down" as a mom. Good luck with everything - we will keep you in our prayers...especially Feb.6th! :)
We are excited about your new baby and sorry to hear the bad news!!! Wish we were closer where we could help out, hopefully everything goes as well as possible! And MAJOR congrats on quitting managing! We only did it for over a year and I thought that was forever!!
Wow girl! your plate seems to be overflowing...my prayers are with you. I hope that the surgery and recovery go so smoothly..i'm sure it will. but yay, to have another little miracle in your life! this family making business is anything but simple or easy, who knew? :) take care of yourself!
Hang in there. You'll find your way through this, as you know.
Congrats on the step away from traditional employment. I hope you enjoy your emancipation.
Much love,
Greg
Congrats on #4 and quitting managing! I am so excited for you. Good luck with your move, gradation and your surgery. I will be praying and thinking of you.
Oh, Terressa! I don't know what to say. I am SO happy for you on #4 and on quitting (wahoo!) I wish I was there to help you with your kids. We will be praying for you! God always knows what's best (which is hard to accept sometimes). We love you guys!
Wow, you have a lot going on right now! Congratulations on #4 and on quitting! I'm so sorry to hear about your cyst though. I will definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers, especially when the 6th rolls around. Keep us posted on everything.
Hi Terressa!!!! My bro Bryan just emailed me about your meeting, small world!! I can't believe you're going to have baby #4! I had an eptopic pregnancy about 6 months ago and had to have surgery and have one of my tubes removed, I feel your pain and it sucks! You'll get through it though... we have to right?? Well check out my blog and we can keep in touch!! Love ya!
I am sorry to hear about your cyst and surgery and excited to hear about number 4. I completely understand about feeling you will lose a bit of your womanhood...I just had a full hysterectomy, and without having children. Talk about meltdown! I am glad that I am not the only one who melted down at this prospect. After years of trying to get pregnant, millions of pills, pain and finally finding out my cancer risk was high, I had the worst 3 days of my life. At that point, I remembered a woman our age who not only had not been able to have children like me, but also faced cancer, a hysterectomy and her husband walking out on her. I realized that I was blessed beyond measure in comparison. That is what I encourage you to do as you face this surgery...count your blessings as generic as it sounds. Count those kids and remember how many can't have them; be glad that you can keep at least one ovary and just one night in the hospital...hospitals suck!! I was there for 4 days and then a 6 week recovery. I thought I was going to go crazy! Then be so grateful for the blessings, help and prayers that are sure to come your way. Also, you have a great husband who will help you continue to feel like a woman. I hope that helps and I will be praying for your quick recovery and successful pregnancy! Love, Janeal
Post a Comment