Jake and I decided to take the kids to Boise for the weekend at the last minute Friday. We went to see my parents and had a wonderful time!
We left late Friday afternoon and made really good time despite the wind. We had a full day Saturday. Jake went into my parents "park" and started taking out dead trees to replace with the new ones. The kids played in the yard with the dog and on the swingset and on the trampoline, they had so much fun just being able to run around in the yard and not have to be warned to stay away from the cars that drive by way too fast in our parking lot.
My mom and I went to a second hand children's clothing store much like Once Upon A Child, this one is called Other Mothers. Every last Friday and Saturday of the month they have a quarter sale, what a steal on clothing. I got about 80 pieces of clothing for just over $20 because on top of the good deal I had a coupon for $5 off!! We did really well, and I found a lot of winter clothes still in good shape that my kids can wear for the next couple of months...it's not getting warm here very quickly :)
We then went to the Deseret Book Ladies Night and had a ball.
We had a fantastic time relaxing and visiting. It was a good last minute decision to leave and get refreshed from both the vacation and the talks from General Conference. What a spirit we felt!
Now, we attack the week of check outs of all the students and prepare in 5 days for the return of them!!! What a busy two weeks this will be!
5 years ago













0 comments:
Post a Comment