Monday, December 24, 2007

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Time has flown by this month and I find myself realizing that I did not think about, let alone send out Christmas cards this year. So the "card" will have to do for 2007 (just make sure you pause the music on our blog before you push play, to get the full effect :)).

Click to play Christmas+Card
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a slideshow - it's easy!


Our year in review:
We moved from a couple block down the street (still managing apartments, we went from women's to men's) on New Year's day. We have been at Somerset ever since. I would have to say that is a record for us (in one place for a year)!!

Jake (28) took his prereq's to get into nursing school at EITC in the winter months. Applied and was accepted in the spring and finished his first tough semester in the LPN program December 7th. It's been fun to enjoy him while he's been home. He has been doing a great job and balancing family, school, work, church and everything in between! We love our Daddy.

Terressa (26) has been busy working part-time from home managing 288 young men. It has been quite a difference managing young men vs. young women, but I've enjoyed it anyway. In my "spare time" I love to read, take the kids to the park and just be a mom. It's been fun watching the kids grow up and develop their imagination and reasoning skills.

Bryant (5) started preschool in August and has really loved learning his letters in a new way and coming home to share them with his sisters. He loves doing his homework and has Kayelynn excited to do homework as well! He had a preschool program last week where they shared some of the songs they've been learning along with the letters associated and he got a surprise vist from Santa himself!!! He's been trying to be extra good since :)

Kayelynn (2 1/2) is growing up quickly. She has really grown tall and skinny this year, she is not your chunky toddler anymore :) She loves being a princess, dressing up, singing, dancing and being the "mom". She's our little diva. She loves to shop and accessorize and wear 10 outfits a day! She is most certainly daddy's princess!

Sarah (16mos.)is our active talker, dancer and cuddler. She loves to be a part of the kids, she is not a baby. She has quite a developed vocabulary. She learned to walk at 10 mos and has loved her freedom since!

We hope you enjoy the attached card. We have truly been blessed this year with supportive family and friends. We wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year with the blessings and guidance of the Lord.

Love, The Thornock's

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Merry Christmas!! Like you, December came far too quickly for a Christmas card! Your kids are so cute and it was fun to hear more about them!

Anonymous said...

love the christmas card! can't believe how grown up your kids are and not to mention super cute. love those smiles! and to have 2 princess' how fun! thanks for your kind comments, sure do appreciate them. enjoy the rest of your holidays!

Kerrie said...

I'm so grateful for blogs! I love hearing how you are all doing...it makes us seem not so far away. The pictures are darling.

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

Merry Christmas--even though it's gone :) Anyways, miss you guys. Can't believe how much everyone's grown!

Tina said...

Oh I am so glad to here about your family! I miss you guys so much, you are such a great example to me! I to didn't get cards out but I still want to but until then I am going to copy you with the year update! I wanted to come and say hello because I was there on the 27th to the temple but I didn't want to disturb any family time I remember those short breaks between semesters! Well I hope you have a great year!