Friday, August 10, 2007

Final Summer Vacation

Every year at the end of the summer my family gets together for a mini-family reunion. Last weekend we went to Pine, ID (between Sun Valley and Mountain Home) to a cabin full of toys and luxury. We left Wednesday night for the 4 hour drive and made it to the cabin seeing 3 deer, a fox, and a badger. We spent Thursday playing on the motorcycles and dune buggies and getting the water toys ready to play Friday and Saturday.


Thursday night the neighboring cabinmates visited and invited us to see some neat birds...we ventured over and found that they had made friends with over a dozen hummingbirds. The neighbors make their own sweet juice for the birds to eat, they say they go through about 3 tubes a day. We were there long enough to see almost all 12 at a time and my brother, Parker, was able to actually "pet" one of them. It was very neat, even Sarah was facinated.


As soon as the sun starts to go down the hummingbirds disappear and the bats come out, a little creapy, but kind of neat! The kids thought it an odd transition.

Friday we spent the afternoon on the lake playing on the jet skis and Saturday we were on the lake all afternoon with the boat and the jet skis. The kids loved riding on them. Sarah would fuss until she was able to ride on the jet skis with Jake, she even feel asleep on one of her trips with him.



We have so much fun being with family, playing, relaxing and socializing with each other. Our kids are the only grandkids at this point so they get to experience a lot and get a lot of attention. Bryant, of course, is the one to soak it up the most. Kayelynn really came out of her shell this time and actually enjoyed playing with her grandparents and aunts and uncles instead of keeping so close to mom and dad. Sarah is going through the separation anxiety phase and really doesn't enjoy being around people she doesn't know or who could (gasp) talk to her. She's growing up to be quite the toddler, but is the cutest behind the closed doors of our own home. Jake and I just enjoyed the time away from the world and being together as a family. It was a great vacation!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun vacation! That would be neat to see so many humming birds...I think they are the cutest little birds.

Lisa said...

Hi Terressa!! I found your blog through Nikki Hansen's blog! You have a cute family - I bet they are a handful! :) I am a blogger as well - you can check me out at www.brightaswhite.blogspot.com.
Lisa (Lewis) White

G-man said...

Sounds like a great time. I like Hummingbirds as well. In fact, I love them way more than Kerrie does. She hates them compared to how much I love them.

Anonymous said...

Ummm, I don't think so Greg.

G-man said...

You don't think so? I know so. I have testimony of it. I bear witness to it. You can't love them more than me because I have the priesthood.

Top that.