Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Bug Play

children can say and do very funny things...
they can also embarass their parents without even knowing it.

1pm-arrive at school for 1st grade play, which only lasts 1/2 hour
find no seating available for 3 princesses and a mommy holding a baby princess
princess #3 immediately starts shouting that she can see her brother on stage, who happens to be a potato bug, on the front row!
first song-he pelts it out like nothing else
second song-his lips barely move
3rd song he sings and somehow notices his fly is down...he tries to sing and zip at the same time...luckily at this age, all the parents are still really into their own children and don't notice this terribly funny, yet embarassing act.
meanwhile, princess #3-appropriately nicknamed dennis the menace, starts to take all wipes out of the diaperbag and scatter them all over the gym floor and then screams at the top of her lungs when momma tells her she should be done.
during the final song this same princess, starts to dance to the music, makes up her own words and dances with hip shakes and the whole body just a waving to the music, luckily she's not on stage...
after the final song there are dramatic bows made by the one and only potato bug in the play-hilarious!

I wish I could have shared these moments with someone other than my camera...oh wait! at the time I was wishing that Jake could have gotten off work for an hour to come help me, but looking back, it was quite the event that needed more cameras involved-these kids crack. me. up.

By the way, thank you to everyone that shared feedback and comments to my mommy question. I have been able to make better use of my time-she is going longer between feedings (sorta), I can sorta cook dinner nightly, and even get the kids bathed without screaming (from E-thought I'd better clarify that), there just might be a new normal emerging-it has been three months since she entered this world, you know..

2 comments:

Sara said...

That is funny and cute. You are an awesome mommy!!!

melissa t. said...

wish i would have been there-soo funny:-)