Saturday, June 9, 2007

School is Great, even for Jake

Heres an update on the educating; I go tues-thursday 8-2:30, I droped my 2 extra jobs and cut to part time weekends at the hospital, every week has a skills checkoff list, last week I had two exams, we should read 150pgs a night, I skim, my 7 books for the semester cost $499.60, I had to buy embriodered school scrubs for fall clinicals 3 for $106.00, I only get 4 credits for this summer, you think they could of made it 6 so I could get student loans or a grant, never the less summer is $450.00 and not $2500 like the fall. I only carpool with one person due to everyone else working after classes, still it only costs half in fuel. I do admit that this is the greatest time in all education. Not only does all the jargon you take prior finaly apply, the program is based on requirments and not what the teacher wants to teach. Plus our teachers, (unlike some other places) have 40+ years combined experience proir to teaching, makes for some good application. The books are for RN courses, but as with the preisthood all levels build upon each other, so next year we wont need retaught the same things and can focus more on internal physical assessments, IV theropies, and leadership. I seem to understand quite a bit from my 13 or so years as a CNA, though if I remember I didn't want to be in nursing at that time. Times change a Man, or in my case a Boy. Thanks to all for the suport so far its been great. Jake

2 comments:

G-man said...

There is great joy in learning. School is a happy, stretching time. Glad to hear you're doing well Jake.

Love ya'

Jake said...

Keep it up bro. You've always had a natural talent for this stuff. It's nice to be good at your career :)