Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful mother's and grandmother's. Motherhood is an amazing part of life and no matter how difficult it is I wouldn't change it for the world!
I have recently been reflecting on motherhood and my role specifically as a mother. I often think (already) that I could have done better or that I could be better. Then I realize that motherhood is not over and the things that I want to change and the things I could do better at can still be achieved. My children will remember my efforts to be a righteous and loving mother inspite of my downfalls.
I have heard of a new book entitled "I am a Mother" by Jane Clayson Johnson. I have yet to read the book, but based on an interview I recently watched (http://deseretbook.com/time-out/jane-video) I am impressed by her inspiration and her desire to share with women that their role as a mother is nothing degrading and that being a mother is the richest reward we can achieve in life whether we have our own children or are a role model for other's children.
I love and appreciate the efforts of all mom's to teach, "mold", discipline, advise and love their children. I love that we as women are able to nurture infants, toddlers, youth, tweens, and teens alike whether they are ours or not. I love that we have the ability and instinct to teach the children around us the goodness and righteousness of life and to share our experiences and life lessons with them to become better people. I love having friends and relatives share the perks and personal lessons of motherhood with me. I love being a mom!!
Happy Mother's Day to everyone!
5 years ago













1 comments:
Hope you had a great mother's day! Motherhood is the most rewarding thing I've experienced. It definitely brings so much joy as well as pain. I'll have to read that book you suggested.
Post a Comment